Alex Fiano, Artist and Author of Gabriel’s World
This is the official site for Alex Fiano, artist and author of Gabriel’s World Mystery/Thriller LGBTQ+ Series.
I have a diverse working background as a writer and college teacher, attorney and journalist. I am currently studying Communication Design, focusing on art, art history, and graphic design at New York City College of Technology, CUNY. I am an independent author under my own imprint of Troublemaker Press, and a contract artist/designer.
My short biography here.
More on the Gabriel’s World Book Series
Gabriel’s World has four books: The Hanged Man, Two-Faced Woman, The Book of Joel and Dead for Now. The Gabriel’s World series is in a style similar to Nordic Noir, building in plot and tension through strong characters and mood. The series features intense stories of crimes, conspiracies, social issues, and exploration of complex morality. The stories have the same characters: gay NYC private investigator Gabriel Ross and bisexual artist Joel McFadden. Each has a stand-alone theme and style, yet each story builds upon the previous story and lays the groundwork for the next.
NOTE: The books contain adult content including explicit physical and psychological violence, strong language, and sexual situations.
Where to Get the Books
The three books in the series, The Hanged Man, Two-Faced Woman, The Book of Joel, and Dead For Now are for sale as eBooks on Amazon (also in print editions), and also Smashwords, iTunes, Barnes & Noble and Google Play. The books are fairly long and read fast, and in e-book format go from $1 to $2 each.
What’s Each Book About?
Feel the Love, Spare a Shout-Out
If you have read and liked the series, thank you 🙂 There is nothing so great to me as an independent author, as a reader enjoying Gabriel, Joel, and Veronica. I’m building a Gabriel’s World community with you. I want to ask a favor–please take a couple minutes to post a review on Amazon, Smashwords, B & N, or your blog, or Twitter, etc. This helps spread the word about the series and characters for others to find out about. And that’s important. Although some mainstream authors/publishers are clutchin’ their pearls over indie authors ‘destroying’ the rarefied world of published books/nature of the written word, yadda yadda, more and more readers seem to like my stuff and other indie authors like me. Authors and readers of independent books are the revolution in the book industry–we are democratizing the reading experience. Gabriel’s World has queer as hell characters to get into, action, sex, intricate plot, relationships, philosophy and angst at an affordable price ($1 to $2 for e-books). Thanks again to all readers, and love to those who have given a shout-out.
What Else is on This Site?
The website isn’t just shameless self-promotion and the author’s progressive politics (although plenty of that if you’re lookin’) The Gabriel’s World website now features:
- Recaps of the book chapters
- Sample book chapters
- The Gabriel’s World Gallery Images of characters, scenes, and related topics.
- The Gabriel’s World LGBTQ+ Online Resources This page has extensive links to organizations, media, articles and more, for information and entertainment.
- My Catharsis Blog on Queer Writing and Art, with posts on Queer representation in the arts and writing instruction.
- Read more about me, author Alex Fiano here.
Do the Social Media Thing
Please sign up for news from Gabriel’s World newsletter to the right, for periodic news and exclusive extras.
The Gabriel’s World series and Alex Fiano are on Goodreads.
Bought the eBooks? Have them signed by clicking on the link below.
Contact me at email@example.com Gabriel’s World has fans in the US, UK, Australia, Canada, Brazil, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Japan. International LGBTQ+ persons, schools, and organizations are invited to contact me to say hi, and if you’re interested in Gabriel’s World projects (such as Skyped readings, speaking occasions, or other contact).
Your Friendly Neighborhood Legal Notices
- No Endorsement Implied: By providing links to other sites, Gabriel’s World and its author does not guarantee, approve, or endorse the information or products available at those sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to Gabriel’s World.
- Licensing: The creative licensing for Gabriel’s World is at the bottom of this page. If you are interested in sharing or using any of the creative work in this site, or are interested in other creative collaborations, contact the author at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Linking: You may link and/or deep link to any page or post in this site so long as Gabriel’s World and its author are credited.
Page updated 4/7/2017
Copyright 2012, 2017 Alex Fiano